Painting a Deathwing Terminator Librarian – Dark Angels Space Marines
A Black Armoured Deathwing Librarian
I've been working on a new Space Marine painting project: a squad of Deathwing Terminators from the Dark Angels, inspired by Koltti's miniatures and painting style.
The Deathwing are traditionally associated with their distinctive bone-white Terminator armour, which makes them instantly recognisable on the tabletop. However, I wanted my Deathwing Librarian to stand out from the rest of the squad and look a little different from the standard bone-white colour scheme.
Rather than painting him entirely in the usual Deathwing colours, I decided to paint most of his armour black. I've kept his right shoulder pad and helmet bone white, tying him visually to the rest of the Deathwing while giving him a contrasting appearance.
I like the way the black armour makes the white details stand out. It also gives the Librarian a slightly darker, more imposing look, helping distinguish this important character from the other Terminators in the squad.
Deathwing Terminator Painting WIP
The model is still a work in progress, but the main colour scheme is in place. I'm happy with the contrast between the black armour and the traditional bone-white Deathwing details, although there's still some work to do before he's finished.
My next steps are to add some weathering and battle damage to the armour, giving the miniature a more used and battle-worn appearance. I also need to find some suitable red Dark Angels decals to finish off the chapter markings and add a few extra details.
Once those finishing touches are complete, I'll be able to see how well the black-armoured Librarian fits in alongside the rest of the Deathwing Terminator squad.
What do you think of the black and bone-white colour scheme? I wanted to keep enough of the traditional Deathwing look to make him fit the army, while giving the Librarian his own distinctive identity.
I'll post more pictures as the Deathwing Terminators progr
Wow - love that power axe effect!! Well done!
ReplyDeleteThanks! It took a few attempts to get right.
Delete