Not sure why I painted this, it's not even a model I particularly like, but felt compelled to paint it and give it a decent base and here its is:
Friday, 18 June 2021
Monday, 19 October 2020
Finally got around to Painting Ruglud's Armoured Orcs. I still need to finish the bases, the banner, and maybe some extra weathering sometime. Rather than paint their armour in the traditional way with blacks and browns (which is the colour of most of my Orc army), I thought I would try something a bit different.
- Undivided - Black armour would just look like a lot of the Orc units I already have.
- Nurgle - rusty brown metal or green, and again would not stand out. Green armour and green skin doesn't sound like a good combination. And a lot of my Orcs are already in rusty armour.
- Khorne - Reds and Blacks, tempting but still similar colours and style to some of the Orc units I have already.
- Slaanesh ...nope. At best, just complicated to paint those pastel colours. At worst, complicated and I would end up with kinky Orcs.
- That left Tzeentch. A nice faded blue colour, and something that would look different to my other Orc and Goblin units.
Sunday, 4 October 2020
I didn't like the Roman style crest on the helmet, so I removed it and stuck some horns on, I felt bad defacing the old model, but I much prefer how he looks now. Much more Orky!
While repainting Yaskin Forit I noticed he has a necklace of ears, some are even pointy! Gruesome! I also hope to paint some design on his shield when I get time. Probably a crude face of one of his victims.
Saturday, 29 August 2020
Chaos Dwarf Army List
For Warhammer Fantasy Battle 3rd edition
Here's the link to PDF download:
Chaos Dwarf Army List WFB 3rd ed
Chaos Dwarf Juggernaut
- 1x Boar-Centaur (double-handed weapon and heavy armour and barding) =37
- 3x Chaos Dwarf Crossbowmen (crossbows and heavy armour) =14
- 2x Chaos Dwarf Cannon crew (heavy armour) =22
- Heavy Chariot (x2 multiplier on the above) =202
- Scythes (represented by spikes at front) =20
- Twin Cannons (2 barrelled organ gun) =40
Points Total 262
Tuesday, 16 June 2020
I wanted to capture the speed and how it is almost out of control, so I positioned the model like it had just gone over a bump. I tried to make it look like the Snotlings are hanging on for dear life, not always easy to convey with the models available!
I also put ruts in mud on the base to give it a sense of racing along.
Monday, 15 June 2020
Anyway, here is a wyvern. It's the old GW Orc War Wyvern, I think was called Polly in the story on the back the box.
I converted it from it's static pose to one with a bit more movement to it. Wasn't sure what colour to paint it and eventually settled on blue as it's a different colour to all the orc's green skins. I think a blue wyvern looks ok? I may or may not add the orc rider later, perhaps use magnets so I have the option.
Sunday, 12 February 2017
7TV Garth Marenghi's Darkplace Programme Guide
I've been meaning to make a cast for Garth Marenghi's Darkplace for sometime. I've always thought 7TV 2ed was the perfect rules for Garth Marenghi, funny yet action packed.
Any feedback on stats, balancing, theme, or suggestions on Special Effects is very welcome. I'm still a bit new to the 2ed rules. I'll try and post the miniatures I use soon.
For anyone who doesnt know what it is heres a link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garth_Marenghi's_Darkplace