Finally got around to Painting Ruglud's Armoured Orcs. I still need to finish the bases, the banner, and maybe some extra weathering sometime. Rather than paint their armour in the traditional way with blacks and browns (which is the colour of most of my Orc army), I thought I would try something a bit different.
- Undivided - Black armour would just look like a lot of the Orc units I already have.
- Nurgle - rusty brown metal or green, and again would not stand out. Green armour and green skin doesn't sound like a good combination. And a lot of my Orcs are already in rusty armour.
- Khorne - Reds and Blacks, tempting but still similar colours and style to some of the Orc units I have already.
- Slaanesh ...nope. At best, just complicated to paint those pastel colours. At worst, complicated and I would end up with kinky Orcs.
- That left Tzeentch. A nice faded blue colour, and something that would look different to my other Orc and Goblin units.